4 Steps to Setup Success
Welcome! The steps outlined below will cover all of the primary settings that are required for the PSS eCommerce integration with ARI & Dealer Spike websites.
- General Account Settings
- Webstore Settings
- Configure Aftermarket Inventory Rules
- Initial Loading of Categories and Products
Step 1. Configure General Account Settings
To access this General Settings page click the Settings button on the right side of the menu bar and select Account Settings from the drop-down.
Primary Contact Information
This is just general information that pertains to the client company/dealer.
Account Holder Name
This should be the name of the person at the dealership that is in charge of web sales.
Primary Contact Email
Email address where PSS can send system messages to. It should be a regularly monitored email address.
A number that our technical support staff can use to contact you if there is an issue.
This is the human-readable name for your webstore/shop. E.g.: http://myshop.com/ might be called "My Shop, LLC."
Store Logo URL
This logo will be shown on printed packing slips. Logos can be uploaded to the PSS Media Center for free image hosting; you would then be provided with a URL.
Webstore Domain Name
E.g.: If your webstore url is http://myshop.com/, enter myshop.com above.
Input a Dealer ID or Account Number for each Distributor that you work with. This list pertains to Aftermarket Distributors and any OEM that you wish to sell PG&A.
Each Dealer ID that you enter will trigger the webstore to be loaded with that Distributor's entire line of products and/or that OEMs entire line of PG&A.
Step 2. Webstore Settings
Payment processing options and Shipping & Tax are the key parts here
Name of your business. It will be used for order emails.
Customer Service Email
The email address that you want for customer general inquiries to come into. This will also be the email address that gets notified of PSS Webstore Orders.
Lead Submission Email
Can be ignored for ARI & Dealer Spike eCom integration
Customer Service Telephone
*Latitude/Longitude can be ignored
Shipping & Taxes
The State and Zip will dictate Shipping and Tax calculations
This is a popular option for a lot of dealers as it allows them to point their local customers to their Webstore to see if they can get a particular item.
- Disabled - the In-Store Pickup option will not be offered to a shopper
- Shelf Quantity Only - the In-Store Pickup option will only be offered if the products have Shelf Quantity applied
- All Orders - the options will be offered on all products
At this time the only option available for Shipping configuration is Price Banded Shipping. This allows the dealer to set different shipping prices for different cart totals. The most common scenario is:
Cart total between $1 - $49.99 = $6.49 Shipping Cost
Cart total over $50.00 = Free Shipping
Other Shipping Options
- There are no options for International Shipping at this time. We hope to have support for this in Q4 of 2020
- There is no way to apply shipping based on weight/dimensions.
Checkout Options & Payment Processing
PayPal Checkout (REST API)
Credit Card Gateway
Step 3. Inventory Rules
Automated inventory; the lifeblood of any eCommerce business, fully automated by PSS! Once configured these rules will tell PSS how to handle the inventory that we are pulling from each of the distributor warehouses. Here you will decide the price range of products that you want to drop-ship and/or, assign the number of days that product will take to get from the distributor to you.
- Lead Time - The number of days that you need to get tracking into the marketplace, or the number of days that product takes to get to your shop before you are going to send it to the buyer.
- Drop-ship Cutoff - The dollar amount that you want to start drop-shipping at. PSS will automatically issue a 1 day lead time for all product that is over the Drop Ship Cutoff dollar amount.
- Exclude Warehouse - When this box is checked the warehouse simply will not be included in inventory calculations. Uncheck the box if you wish to utilize the warehouse. The default for new accounts is to exclude all warehouses so you will need to uncheck these boxes.
Quick Inventory Rules Configuration
- If you just want to drop-ship everything, set all of your drop-ship cutoffs to $1.00 and Lead Times to 1 Day. Done.
- If you don't want to do any drop-shipping and you want all products coming to you first just set all of your drop-ship cutoffs to $9,999 and Lead Times to 4 Days. Done.
Examples and Explanations
Example #1: Most dealers don't want to pay the fee to have a $6.00 valve stem seal drop-shipped so they will set a Drop-ship Cutoff to ensure that cheaper product is shipped to them before going to the buyer. If you had a Drop-ship Cutoff of $50.00 and a Lead Time of 3 Days, this $6.00 valve stem seal would fall under the cutoff and the webstore would tell the buyer that you will need 3 Days to get the buyer tracking information.
Example #2: If a dealer only wants to drop ship product they would set the Drop-ship cutoff to one dollar. From there the Lead Time field is obsolete because everything is above the dropship cutoff. Everything would just get a 1-day Lead Time
Example #3: If you set Western Power Sports, CA warehouse to Dropship Cutoff of $150 this means that all product over $150 is going to get a lead time of 1, no matter what. This means that you have 1 day to get tracking to the buyer. Anything under $150 will get the value assigned in the Lead Time column.
Example #4: Some distributors do not drop-ship (Parts Unlimited for some). This means that you will want a high drop-ship cutoff; one that will ensure all product gets assigned the proper lead time. To disable drop shipping you simply set the dropship cutoff to $9,999. From here just make sure that your lead times are accurate based on how many days the product takes to get to you.
To help determine the lead time we recommend visiting UPS or FedEx to calculate the time from the distributor warehouse zip code to your zip code. UPS Time & Cost Estimator.
How should I set my Inventory Rules?
Everyone has their own way of doing things and each dealer has their own unique set of circumstances so, there is no ultimate way to configure this. We offer the following words of wisdom:
- Don't set all your Lead Times to the same value across the board. Take the time to determine how long the product takes to get to you from each warehouse.
- You can always start conservative and then start taking more risk once you see how fulfillment on your listings goes for the first month.
- These webstores and marketplaces are fairly competitive and a lot of buyers look for fast shipping these days. Make sure that a portion of your listings are eligible for drop ship or a 1 day lead time.
Step 4. Load Products and Categories
Once you have completed the above you can then make a formal request to Technical Support to have the Webstore loaded.
This process takes about 24 hours and when complete the Category Structure will be loaded and Products will be mapped to them.
For more information on the functionality of Categories and Products please proceed to our next article in this series, "Categories and Products"