Categories and Products
To recap, up to this point we have:
- Configured the account and entered the Distributors that you want to use
- Configured the Webstore Settings
- Configured Inventory Rules for the Distributors that you want to use
- Loaded the In-House Category Structure and Mapped the Products
Once the Categories and Products have been loaded the Webstore will then be in the status of "PSS Managed". This term is explained below and we will use it in day-to-day operational discussions.
With PSS Managed, both the Category Structure and Product Mapping are continuously updated and synced with PSS. There is no effort or heavy lifting required by the dealer, they simply sit back and let the Catalog Team and software automation do the work for them.
- As new products come into the catalog on a daily basis they will be automatically added to the Webstore.
- When previously uncategorized products become categorized the Webstore will update automatically.
- If products are found to be incorrectly categorized the Catalog Team will update them and the Webstore will update automatically.
PSS Managed will be automatically turned off if one of the actions below is performed. This is referred to as "Dealer Managed" or "Custom".
- Adding or Deleting Categories
- Deleting Products (Aftermarket or Private)
- You can add Private Catalog Products to the existing In-House Category Structure and still retain PSS Managed.
- You can exclude entire brands from appearing in the Webstore and still retain PSS Managed.
Dealer Managed (Custom)
While most dealers will be happy with just having the standard distributor books listed and fully automated, there will still be users that wish to alter the provided Category Structure, add/delete Private Catalog Products, and overall just go with a more customized approach. PSS handles this relatively well and we will cover the most common actions by a dealer in the section below.
Add and Delete Categories
- Click on the blue button "New Category"
- Select if there will be a parent category or if it will be nested under an existing parent category
- Type out the name of the new category. Closeouts, Blemished, Shop Shirts, Dealer Name Hats, etc
- Click through the Category Structure and browse to the Category that you wish to delete
- Click Delete
- If you delete a category all of the products that were mapped to it will be unlisted from the webstore. You would need to relist them if you wanted them available on the site again.
- If you delete a parent category you will also delete all the categories that are nested under it.
- Be precise and double-check your work. No one likes a misspelled category name.
- Proceed to the catalogs that you wish to list from; either Aftermarket or Private.
- Filter to the product(s) that you wish to list. Highlight the row by clicking an empty space by the product, or filter and use the select all option.
- Once desired products are highlighted, click the Webstore button. In the field for "Webstore Category" type the full category path that you wish to map to.
- If you want your product featured on the site, you can check the featured box, and it will appear on the featured carousel. Lastly, you will click "Confirm", and the product will be sent to the webstore. It should appear within an hour, probably sooner.
- Since PSS is Product Group based, you only need to list one variation in the group and they will all go up.
- Make sure that you are using all the filters on the left-nav to drill down the catalog.
- To change the category of a product group you simply need to relist it into the new category.
- From the main-nav in PSS click Webstore > Products
- Filter and browse to the Product Group that you would like to delete
- Highlight the row and click the red "Delete" button
- Remember, if you delete a product you will disable the PSS Managed functionality and your webstore will not receive regular updates. You will need to manually list any new products that come out.
Delete a Category
List and Delete Products
Video Tutorial - Categories and Products