Quick Help - How to Discount Distributor Pricing
PSS is going to pull in MSRP for each distributor on a daily basis but, it is up to you to apply discounts to brands or products when desired. There are two ways to discount pricing in PSS:
- Pricing Rules
- Price Overrides
Value for Webstore
- Ignore eBay, Amazon, Walmart
- The only time you would use a negative value in these fields is if you wanted to target msrp and mark up a product over msrp.
This is going to be the most granular way to manipulate pricing and is designed to set distributor SKUs to an exact, fixed price.
- Once you are in the Aftermarket Catalog you will search/filter to the desired MPN that you wish to Override. Click on the MPN.
- You have now landed in the Override Management Center. This area controls all of the attributes for this MPN. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way and you will find "Price Overrides"
- Enter the exact price that you want this product to sell for if the inventory ends up being sourced from the specific distributor.
Other Key Points
- PSS is MPN Based. We aggregate inventory, feeding Price and Inventory information from multiple Distributor SKUs into a single MPN.
- The Distributor SKU exists solely for Price and Inventory purposes.
- The SKU used by the distributor but, is assigned a prefix by PSS. PSS amends the SKU in order to identify it in the back end and aggregate inventories for each product.
- A Parts Unlimited SKU of 2103-0174 becomes PU2103-0174. A Western Powersports SKU of 2-R0451B-8 becomes WP2-R0451B-8
Here is the full list of distributor prefixes
|Troy Lee Designs||TL|
|Big Bike Parts||BB|
|Land N Sea Power Sports||LP|
|Land N Sea Marine||LM|
|Land N Sea RVs||LR|
|Northern Wholesale RVs||WR|
|Northern Wholesale Marine||WM|