Issues with Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico
Over the years we have seen multiple points of confusion on this topic. Below is a summary of the most common issues and how you can cure them based on eBay's requirements.
Issue #1 - Shipping Surcharge is assigned on the listing template in PSS but the listing still has no surcharge
These points are likely the cause of your issues
- An additional fee to charge US buyers who have the item shipped via UPS or FedEx to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico. Can't charge a surcharge with USPS.
- Can only be assigned a value for the eBay US site and for items in the Parts and Accessories category of the eBay Motors site.
- If some line items in an order have a surcharge, the surcharge is added only for those line items.
- Flat rate shipping only. Won't work with calculated.
- A seller cannot make use of both the domestic rate table and a shipping surcharge. If you have a template using a domestic rate table, the shipping surcharge is void.
- If you created the listing with a domestic rate table but wish to switch over to no rate table and utilize the shipping surcharge option you will need to update the template as such and then completely relist the item. Cannot revise listings to remove a domestic rate table; they must be recreated.
Issue #2 - I don't want to ship to AK, HI, PR at all
Complete each of these changes below:
- Go into PSS > Settings > eBay. Scroll to the bottom where it says "Shipping Locations" and "Shipment Location Exclusions".
Enter Alaska/Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Protectorates
- Go into your eBay account. Account Settings > Site Preferences > Shipping Preferences “Exclude Shipping Locations” Click “Edit”.
Check AK, HI, US Protectorates
Check “Also apply to current listings”
Uncheck/Make sure unchecked “Override my shipping exclusions for Global Shipping”
- Go into your eBay account. Account Settings > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements
Check Buyers in locations to which I don’t ship